DANCE ART – June 2018 "Legends, Divas, & Superstars" Recital Information
Dress Rehearsal: Date: Monday, June 18th
Place: Rockwood Summit High School
- This is a full dress rehearsal which means your dancer should come with hair and make up put on, correct color of tights, shoes, and have all parts of the costume.
- Please make sure to arrive at least 20 minutes early. We need to keep the rehearsal running smoothly. Please keep in mind that the rehearsal times are approx. and will do our best to stay on track.
- Dress rehearsal is a great time to video tape and take pictures. You are more than welcome to come right down front.
All pictures orders will be taken during dress rehearsal. Here is the game plan, after your class practices on the stage, the teachers will take them to get their group and individual pictures taken. A parent/guardian will need to meet us at the “picture room” and then assist in changing costumes/shoes for their next routine. Photo orders will placed and paid for in full at dress rehearsal. Digital images will be available to view upon request.
In order to ensure that everyone has a seat, the following changes have been made. If you want young children to have a seat in the auditorium, you will need to use one of your tickets for that child. This will allow us to keep a more accurate count. We have planned that each family will receive a total of 8 tickets. We will start handing out tickets the early part of June. As a reminder, tickets will not be given out until your balance is current. Any tickets needed above and beyond your 8 tickets may be purchased for $10.00 per ticket, after all tickets have been distributed. Any remaining tickets will be sold at the door for $10.00.
All dancers will be required to be dropped off backstage no later than 30 minutes prior to the start of the recital. Each class will be assigned a section of chairs/dressing room. During the recital, dancers will be brought out to the audience in a designated section to watch the recital. We respectively ask that you do not take your dancer from this designated section. Dancers should be picked up from the backstage area by one parent after the finale’. – If your dancer is in multiple recitals, please volunteer to help us backstage for one of the shows. Thanks!
This year every dancer will dance in the finale’. They will be taught the recital dance during their regular class. After the recital is over only one parent should come back to pick up your dancer, to help with the congestion backstage. If you have any further questions, please ask your teacher.
Recital Date: Tuesday, June 19th and Wednesday, June 20th Start time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Rockwood Summit High School Auditorium
- **Auditorium Doors open ½ hour prior to the performance
- ** Please no saving seats. All seats are on a first served basis.
- **Videotaping is allowed (from your seat).
- **For safety reasons, please no flash photography during the actual recitals.
Thank you for spending the year with us. It has been a pleasure working with such great parents and dancers!! We appreciate your enthusiasm, cooperation, and “Taxi” services!!! J We thank you for the opportunity to instruct your child.
Registration is open for our summer lessons, summer dance camps, and fall classes.
Please see your teacher or the receptionist for more information.