2019 RECITAL INFORMATION
We are excited to have you and your family a part of our 39th Annual Recital. This year’s recital theme is Paint the Stage – come along on our colorful adventure! There are two recitals and each class is assigned to at least one show. To access all recital information at any time, please use www.danceartstudios.com/vlt113293.htm
Do not hesitate to reach out at any time with recital questions to Dance Art Artistic Director, Michelle Reis
SHOWTIMES View your dancer’s show assignment(s) on at the studio on the “All Things Recital Wall” or online: www.danceartstudios.com/vlt113293.htm
SHOW 1: Tuesday, June 18th @ 6:00 p.m.
SHOW 2: Wednesday, June 19th @ 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION Rockwood Summit High School Auditorium, 1780 Hawkins Road, Fenton, MO 63026
- Both the Rehearsal and Recital are located at Rockwood Summit High School
- PARK in the main lot and use the Auditorium Door entrance
RECITAL SOUVENIRS Order your recital souvenirs by JUNE 8th! On Pointe Dancewear is offering flowers and recital bears. Please fill out the attached form and return to the studio with payment. Stress free way to congratulate your dancer and teachers.
Recital DVDs: Worry free capturing of each show and DVD’s or Flashdrive of the show are available for purchase. Please return your form with payment to the studio, dress rehearsal, or the night of the show.
RECITAL TICKETS In order to ensure that everyone has a seat, the following changes have been made. If you want young children to have a seat in the auditorium, you will need to use one of your tickets for that child. This will allow us to keep a more accurate count.
- We have planned that each family will receive a total of 8 tickets. We will start handing out tickets the early part of June. As a reminder, tickets will not be given out until your balance is current.
- Any tickets needed above and beyond your 8 tickets may be purchased for $10.00 per ticket, after all tickets have been distributed.
- Any remaining tickets will be sold at the door for $10.00.
DRESS REHEARSAL Monday, June 17 starting at 11:00 a.m.
Rockwood Summit High School Auditorium, 1780 Hawkins Road, Fenton, MO 63026
Dress Rehearsal is required for all dancers participating in the recital.
- Please make sure to arrive at least 20 minutes early. We need to keep the rehearsal running smoothly. Please keep in mind that the rehearsal times are approx. and will do our best to stay on track.
- Dress rehearsal is a great time to video tape and take pictures. You are more than welcome to come right down front.
ALL DANCERS FINALE
- All dancers are encouraged to attend Finale Practice. It is either before or after their class rehearsal.
REHEARSAL ATTIRE -
- Dancers will rehearse in full costume with required dance shoes, tights and accessories.
- This is a full dress rehearsal which means your dancer should come with hair and make up put on,
- PARENT/GUARDIAN MUST STAY – there are no parent volunteers at rehearsals to supervise dancers.
- Be ready to go at your arrival time or earlier! We strive to run on schedule, and don’t want you to miss stage time.
PICTURES All pictures orders will be taken during dress rehearsal. Here is the game plan,
- After your class practices on the stage, the teachers will take them to get their group &individual pictures taken.
- A parent/guardian will need to meet us at the “picture room” and then assist in changing costumes/shoes for their next routine.
- Photo orders will placed and paid for in full at dress rehearsal. Digital images will be available to view upon request.
RECITAL, TIME TO SHINE!
A large part of dance training includes learning through performance to build confidence and self-esteem. Our dancers worked hard to prepare for this special day on stage. We create a professional recital with custom lights, special effects and videography/photo. We ask that you do your part as a parent: be informed, prepared and most importantly - enjoy the show!
ARRIVAL - 45 MINS PRIOR TO SHOWTIME
- PARK in the main lot and use auditorium entrance
- Find your assigned dressing room & check-in with the parent volunteer.
- Leave your dancer with the volunteer and find a seat in the auditorium. All seats are on a first served basis
- Videotaping is allowed for your seat. For safety reasons, please no flash photography during the show.
- Auditorium doors open 30 mins before show time.
- Parent Volunteers will supervise and escort dancers to/from stage and the theater to watch a portion of the show. We respectively ask that you do not talk to or take your dancer from this designated section.
- Bring something for your dancer to do while waiting to perform (activities/games).
- LABEL ALL YOUR ITEMS *We suggest that you bring a laundry basket with your dancer’s name on it to put all items in.
- If your dancer has a costume change, please inform the Parent Volunteers.
- We recommend both stage makeup & a polished hair-do to create a finished stage look.
- Stage makeup ensures your dancer’s facial features will not be washed out under the bright lights.
- Recital hair should be pulled back away from the face with all hair accessories secured tightly- per your instructor’s directions.
This year every dancer will dance in the finale’. They will be taught the recital dance during their regular class.
- All classes participate in the finale/final bow.
- When the show is complete, dancers will be escorted to their dressing rooms, where you dropped them off. Only one parent/guardian should come back to pick up your dancer, to help with the congestion backstage. If you have any further questions, please ask your teacher
- Check them out with the Parent Volunteer.
We hope you enjoy the show! Thank you for spending the year with us. It has been a pleasure working with such great parents and dancers!! We appreciate your enthusiasm, cooperation, and “Taxi” services!!! J We thank you for the opportunity to instruct your child.
Please see your teacher or the receptionist for more information.
Dress Rehearsal & Pictures on Monday, 6/17 at Rockwood Summit High School